API Delevan Releases a New Series of High-Current Inductors in a Uniquely Compact Size
API Delevan introduces a new series of Surface Mount Device (SMD) power inductors: P3519 and P3519R to meet the growing demand for high current applications in an efficient, compact package. Measuring 0.35” l x 0.19” w x 0.17” h, the size fills a market void of inductance and current combinations, in a standard product offering.
Features and Benefits include:
- High Power density design and low-loss Ferrite Core technology provide very high Current & Power handling
- Extreme Operating Temperature Range of –55 to +130 degrees C for harsh work environments
- Standard Inductance Values range from 0.10 μH to 2200 μH
- Low DC Resistance (DCR) to minimize voltage drops and dissipated power (lost as heat) in DC-DC converter and DC biased circuit applications
- Green Lead-free, RoHS-Compliant version (P3519R) with Sn/Ag/Cu finish
- Sn/Pb Version (P3519), where avoidance of Sn whiskering is critical such as in Military circuit applications
- Inductance Tolerances of +/- 5% and +/- 10%, for highly sensitive circuit designs such as EMI line and RF filters are standard offerings. Tighter tolerance requirements are available upon request
- High Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (DWV) of 1000Vrms minimum, for high isolation applications
- Proven API Delevan design and manufacturing processes for rugged thermal-set epoxy molding and solder tinning lends the P3519 series products to meet the stringent requirements of MIL-STD-202G (Thermal Shock, Mechanical Shock & Vibration, Solderability) for rugged vehicular and aerospace systems
Applications for the P3519 series include:
- HB LED drivers, power supplies, and Incandescent replacement lamps
- Military and Defense ground, sea, and aerospace electrical/electronic power systems
- EMI power line filters to meet current FCC and IEC EMC emissions/susceptibility standards
- High current SMPS, Voltage Regulators and DC-DC converters
- Heavy Motor driver circuits
- HID and Halogen Lighting
- High-power RF Transceiver and Antenna systems
- UL- and CSA- approved devices
All components are made in the USA, and full engineering support is available to assist with your design, assembly and circuit testing needs. Samples available upon request; production lead-time is stock to 4 weeks ARO.
API Delevan, leading the industry in innovation and reliability since 1947, is an ISO9001:2008 & AS9100:2004 certified company, and offers the world’s largest selection of magnetics, including industry standard devices, circuit solution devices and application specific devices.